Rules (if you choose to accept your nomination)
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- List the rules in your post.
- Share 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Nominate 5 to 11 other blogs. Don’t forget to let them know!
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I’m watching last week’s episode of The Flash as I type this. This was a bad idea because now I’m too into this episode to come up with nine more things.
- The villain in that episode drove my dream car: 1970 SS Chevelle
- I get emotional at the sight of other people getting emotional. (Angry? Feel like you could cry? Overjoyed? Solidarity, sister!)
- My birthstone is peridot, but my favourite gemstone is actually rose quartz.
- It infuriates me when people act as if feminism is solely about the empowerment of white cis women.
- I started clearing out a dresser in my bedroom so I could get rid of it, but ran out of boxes, so now my room is in this sort of in between stage of organized chaos. I tried to put everything back, but somehow still have a bunch of boxes left over.
- When I was little, I hated ballet class, but to this day I find myself using those skills.
- Speaking of hating ballet class, I was pretty much against all things feminine back then. No dresses, no skirts, no pink, no nothin’. I was completely content with wearing my brother’s hand-me-downs and, though I sucked, I loved playing baseball. As I got older, my rules relaxed.
- I wanted to be an English teacher when I was a kid. Then I realized I’d have to wake up before the sun five days a week and took a hard pass.
- There are a couple of blog posts still live that I regret writing.
- What is your favorite thing about the city/state/country you live in?
My favourite thing about my town is the ice cream parlor that my family and I have been going to for around fifteen years.
- How do you come up with ideas for new blog posts?
I have a list of post ideas saved in a Google doc. When I’m running low on inspiration, I pick something from that list. Although sometimes none of those ideas sound good to me and I end up doing a Dear Diary.
- What song means the most to you?
This is tough! “Breathe (2 AM)” by Anna Nalick is my go-to when I need to sing some troubles away. I don’t remember how I stumbled upon it, but as soon as I did I sang it over and over until I got all of the lyrics right. There were many car rides as a wee teen where my family begged me to shut up.
- What was your favorite game to play as a child?
There were a lot of PC games that I loved, but I can’t remember any of their names! For Playstation, though, I’d have to go with Spyro. My favourite board game was a tie between Candyland and Monopoly.
- What is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about you?
I can’t remember anything specific (oops) but my day is made when someone tells me I made them laugh or that I’m a good person. Sometimes you just need that reassurance, ya know?
- What is a social justice cause you are passionate about?
Disability rights, among other things. This can include awareness, equality, accessibility, and smashing stigmas to smithereens.
- Who is your favorite person to be around? and why?
Can my dog count as a person? Seriously, I could be in the worst mood and then Milo will jump on me to tell me he deserves a treat for using his wee wee pad and all will feel right in the world again. I don’t know what I would’ve done without him these past nine, almost ten, years.
- Have you ever travelled abroad?
We used to switch between Cancun and Aruba every year when I was in elementary school. To this day, my family won’t let me live down the time I threw a fit when my panty hose didn’t match my cover up. Maybe I’ll tell that story on this blog one day.
- What are you excited about this year?
Getting my driver’s permit. This is the year, you guys, I can feel it! However, I am not excited about turning twenty-two already. Where’s a time machine when you need one?
- Would you ever want to be famous?
I think fame is highly overrated. On the other hand, to be able to reach a wide audience and tell my story so kids in the future don’t have to go through what I did… Well, that’d be alright, too.
My 11 Questions
- What’s your favourite quote?
- Other than blogging, what are your hobbies?
- If you owned a coffee shop, what would you name it?
- What’s one thing you want to have already done, but don’t want to actually do?
- If you had unlimited resources, what would you invent and why?
- Use three words to describe your ideal future self.
- You wake up one day and discover you have superpowers. Do you tell anyone?
- What’s your go-to comfort item in a flare?
- Where is your happy place? (Real or fictional.)
- What skill would you love to master?
- What’s your worst brain fog moment?